· Michele Bachmann. Mitt embraced the mad (as in psychotic) lady of Minnesota to win the primary battle and when he tried to pivot back to the center appeared not to be the Washington outsider he claimed to be, but a typical politician with the core values of a hollowed out chocolate Easter Bunny, but a rabbit with really good hair. What was that doo with the oily swirl about anyway? Mitt's Elvis-gone-vulture-capitalist hairstyle collapsed like a soufle.
· Newly elected US Senator Elizabeth Warren from Massachusetts. Romney, the former governor of that state, lost the home of his former constituents by 23 points. Proof positive that the man arouses the enduring passion of a broken garden rake.
· Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who took foreign policy off the table making the entire election about the economy which kept getting better, gol darn it. And who can forget her husband. He certainly won’t let us.
· Sandra Fluke who gave a face to the GOP’s Paleolithic Bronze Age attitudes towards women, further exacerbated by the fact that no man in the party could seemingly shut up about it.
· Michelle Obama who is just darn likable. As is her husband. A stark contrast to Romney’s cyborg demeanor and obvious discomfort around members of the human species and Ann Romney who one wag noted "always looked like she was about to yell at a caterer."
· Superstorm Sandy for providing the opportunity for the President to look Presidential and for he and Chris Christie to French kiss on Atlantic City’s Boardwalk crystalizing the concept that bipartisanship is not the saddest word. Just another way of Christ Chritie saying "Goodbye Mitt, you lost this election and I am going to have to deal with the black dude who beat your butt off, so no hard feelings, but Obama gets the bear hug; you don't. It's about the money, Mitt, you understand that."
· Ann Romney who would have made a simply terrific first lady. For Dwight D. Eisenhower.
· Candy Crowley who single-handedly halted Romney’s momentum in the second debate by speaking way above her pay grade by actually confirming a fact. Don’t you hate it when the help speaks out of turn?